- Only schools in India recognized by Central & State Boards of India, can participate.
- It is mandatory for the Schools to conduct the competition during school hours in a fair manner (Principal’s certificate is mandatory).
- Schools can conduct Essay competitions in one or more of the following languages- Hindi, English, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Maithili, Dogri, Nepali, Bodo and Santhali. However, a minimum of 15 students must participate in each language in which the school submits its entry.
- Eligibility: Students of classes 8 – 10.
- One student can participate in only one language.
- Essay should not exceed 700 words.
- Student must submit essay in his/her own handwriting.
- Topic :
- Time Limit: 1 Hour
- School is required to evaluate the entries, and upload best two entries in each language, in which the competition has been conducted at the school, on www.pcracompetitions.org . For further details, please refer to this portal.
- Competition Period: 16.08.2016 to 20.11.2016. Last entry on 20.11.2016 before 1500 Hours.
The topics of the essay competition may be displayed prominently, at least a week in advance. Schools can advise students to prepare in advance for the scheduled competition. This shall enable the participants to obtain relevant information from various sources. This exercise is focused on increasing awareness in young minds for the National cause of Conservation of Fuel and Environment protection.
It is advisable that the documentary on PCRA, which gives a brief on ‘Conservation of Fuel’ is shown to the children before the start of the competition. This is available on our website www.pcra.org
- The decision of the Jury/Expert committee will be final and binding in respect of all matters concerning the competition.
- Plagiarism will lead to cancelation of entry.
- In case the participation in a particular language is very low, the prize winning entries shall be evaluated by an expert/ jury, appointed by PCRA. If the best entries do not conform to the general standard of entries in other languages, PCRA reserves its right to rationalize the prizes for that particular language. The decision of PCRA in this regard will be final and binding.
- The essay & painting entries submitted would be the sole property of PCRA, with rights to use and right to edit for any purpose it considers appropriate.
- Children of employees of PCRA are not eligible for the prizes.
- Schools should try to hold the competitions as early as possible to avoid last minute rush in submission.
- The final results shall be announced in December 2016.The awards will be distributed in the inaugural function of the Oil & Gas Conservation Fortnight 2017, during the 2nd half of January 2017.
- The unique experience of the last year’s winners is shared on PCRA website as “Competitions 2015”