CLARIFICATION / REVISION
- Only schools in India recognized by Central & State Boards of India, can participate.
This competition shall be conducted only online through web portal www.pcracompetitions.org and mobile application PCRA-Competitions available on Android/Windows/IOS Platform to participate. A minimum of 30 students must be registered by the school, for becoming eligible to form a school team for next round.
First Round School Level Minimum 30 students should participate. Best two students from each school will be selected for the next level Second Round District Level Those who clear second round will be eligible for state level competition Third Round State Level Those who clear third round will be eligible to participate in offline zonal quiz competition Fourth Round Zonal Level Winners of Zonal round shall be invited to participate in the National level competition Fifth Round National Level National winners shall be felicitated at the inaugural function of OGCF 2017 in January’17.
First three levels are online quiz rounds. Round 4 and 5 are “ Live ” competitions
- It is mandatory for the Schools to conduct the competitions during school hours in a fair manner. For the first round, school will get ONLY SEVEN DAYS from the start of the first participant entry. All participants (minimum 30) from the school must complete the online quiz within 7 days of start of first participant.
- Eligibility: Students of classes 8 – 10.
- Questions shall pertain to Agriculture, Conservation, Petroleum, Environment, Transport, General Studies and other categories.
- The schools shall register the names of all Students against the school ID on the portal www.pcracompetitions.org and all the students can then participate as Individuals in First Round. Each student shall be given a time limit of 10 minutes to attempt 10 questions.
- Software will select the two best scoring participants, who will form the School team.
- The School team will then participate in the second round which will be called District level round. This round will have 15 questions with a time limit of 10 minutes. The revised last date for participating at District level is 20th Nov. 2016
- The best school team at District level will participate in third round to identify State Level Winners. This round will have 30 questions with a time limit of 15 minutes
- The Window for State level shall open on 23rd Nov 2016. The last date for participating at State level is 30th Nov 2016.
- The State Level winners (school team) shall participate in a “Live Quiz Round” for deciding the Zonal Finalists. These finalists shall be invited for Zonal round in their respective Zone and the date and venue shall be communicated by email to the schools.
- The Zonal Finalists will be invited to participate at the National Finals round at Delhi.
- PCRA shall bear expenses of travel and winners shall be communicated about the same.
- Competition Period:16.08.2016 to 20.11.2016 for online Quiz competition only.
- It is advisable that the documentary on PCRA, which gives a brief on ‘Conservation of Fuel’ is shown to the children before the start of the competition. This is available on our website www.pcra.org
- The decision of the Jury/Expert committee will be final and binding in respect of all matters concerning the competition.
- Children of employees of PCRA are not eligible for the prizes.
- Schools should try to hold the competitions as early as possible to avoid last minute rush.
- Final round will be completed in December 2016.The awards will be distributed in the inaugural function of the Oil & Gas Conservation Fortnight 2017, during the 2nd fortnight of January 2017.
- The unique experience of the last year’s winners is shared on PCRA website as “Competitions 2016”
- The National Winners of previous year's competitions are not eligible for prizes of this competition.